Friday 30 December 2011

A Mom moment

This morning as my hubby slept (we are taking turns sleeping in during our vacation), the kiddos and I did Yoga in the basement.  Listening to the kids talk about how we are building muscle and getting strong made me feel so unbelievably proud. 

My now 6 yr old daughter has friends who talk about not wanting to be "fat" etc. which really upsets me. At this age those grown up thoughts should not be in their minds. Asking me how many calories there are and what makes you fat etc....bothersome! So I have been so careful to use words that are positive and healthy vs negative and harsh. I never talk about losing weight, just gaining strength and power. 

Having the two big kiddos moving into warrior positions etc., I felt myself smiling ear to ear.  This is just the beginning for us,  not just for me but as a family.  I am so lucky they are willing to play along!

Now only if we could get the hubby to get into a downward dog LOL....

Wishing you a wonderful workout and a great day,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment